Friday, September 16, 2016

Fall Off The Crooked Path


Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
    but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.
                                                             Proverbs 10:9 NIV

When my youngest granddaughter was very young, she would sometimes attempt to blame others for things that occurred. I would simply tell her that her nose was growing in reference to the Pinocchio fairy tale. She would grab her nose and then tell me what had actually happened in an attempt to keep her nose from growing. She's not buying that story (my exaggeration and falsehood)any longer. Fortunately, I think both of my granddaughters have figured out that I can figure out when they are exaggerating to make themselves look more innocent. I cannot always prove when someone is telling me a falsehood. But, that does not mean that I don't know.

I have found that most often those who choose the crooked paths of deceits will be found out. They either fall of the path or simply loose their way and those who love them have to try to find them and bring them back even as the Good Shepherd would do and would have us do. The bringing back often involves confronting the lack of integrity; the out right lies, the gross exaggerations that were used to justify their actions and to make others look like the ones in the wrong.

It is not just children who take the crooked paths and choose to walk without integrity. They usually learn it somewhere outside of themselves. Politicians, businessmen and women, churchmen and women (and the list goes on) all have a tendency to look after themselves and if a little deceit helps our goals then that seems to be the best path at the time. But, is it? For some reason humanity just hasn't been able to figure out that those who walk without integrity will be exposed. We haven't quite figured out that no matter what we've done; trying to justify our actions or inactions with lies, only gets us more lost. We will eventually fall off that crooked path and lose even ourselves.

May God help us always to speak and act with integrity. Help us to speak the truth in love.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: