Saturday, September 24, 2016

Persevere

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36

Believe me, there are days when I'd like nothing better than to just throw in the towel. But, I don't. I wake up the next morning and ask God, once again, to carry me through the day and to be with, guiding and protecting, those whom I love. Life can be rough for all of us. Intentional sin can make it rough not just for ourselves; but, for everyone who loves us, for everyone around us. There are consequences to sin. There are consequences to breaking the law and they are usually not nice consequences. But; even then, if we turn back to God, He will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Reluctantly, I read the news online this morning. Again, mass murders! What in the world is wrong with humanity? I guess, I may have just answered my own question. We have a tendency to follow in the ways of the world, turning away from God.

Without the gift of being able to be in God's presence, trusting in Him, I would have no hope for the world. But, He gives me the confidence to keep on praying for the people I love, for people that I don't know, even for the whole world trusting that He has a good plan and knowing that in the end His will will be done.

Help us, Lord, to keep from throwing in the towel and to trust that your good will will be done for all whom we love.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: