Thursday, September 15, 2016

Speak The Truth


In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:1-5 NIV

So here's the bottom line, to the best of my ability and with the help of God, I will not compromise the Word of God. Jesus said:  "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6) I will not preach another way. I will not agree with you, in order to gain your favor or to add mere numbers to the church on earth, that there are many paths. I will not encourage the false teaching that we can be saved by anything other than faith in the one who lived and died and lives again for us; that is Jesus the Christ, our Lord and Savior.

If I refuse to speak to please "itching ears," I lose nothing. You lose nothing. The truth is to our benefit. But, if I acquiesce, both of us will find ourselves in danger of losing eternal life. No matter what the consequences the world might bring by pleasing God rather than man; nothing could be worse than losing our eternal souls if we chose the way of the world before His Way.

With the help of God, I will follow in The Way for I cannot live and would not choose to live without Him.

May God lead us in the way, the truth, and the life of our Lord, Jesus the Christ.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: