Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Lord Contends

But this is what the Lord says:
“Yes, captives will be taken from warriors,
    and plunder retrieved from the fierce;
I will contend with those who contend with you,
    and your children I will save.
Isaiah 49:25

Every morning I pray: "Contend with those who contend with me" and "Open the eyes and ears and hearts of all whom I love so that they will be saved." Like the persistent widow these requests have been lifted up daily for years. I am confident that my prayers are being answered. Even though it doesn't always appear to be so; even though others may think at times that the battle is lost; I know that the Lord hears my prayers and answers according to His good will for all people.

Yesterday, at our book study we discussed the "prayer of the forsaken." One of the biggest fears of many parents is to loose their children to the evil one. It is heart-breaking to watch them fall of the path and so we pray and then we pray some more for them to turn back to the One who can save them.

Last night as I was listening to various sermons on YouTube, one of the preachers spoke on this verse from Isaiah. He reconfirmed my belief that God is with all who believe for their and their family's good. He will contend with those who contend with us. We do not have to contend with them. Stand firm, yes. But, fall back, no. Stand firmly on His word confident that God will contend with the evil that threatens to destroy our families, all whom He loves.

May God help us to stand firmly on His word. He is no less for us, than He was for David, our rock, our fortress and our deliverer; our God is our rock, in whom we take refuge, our shield and the horn of our salvation. He is our stronghold, our refuge and savior - from violent people He saves us. (2 Sam 22:2-3)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: