Sunday, January 1, 2017

My Jesus!


Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Psalm 51:10-11 NIV

Happy New Year!

"My Jesus!" I don't recall what I was dreaming about last night. But, I do remember that just before I woke up, sitting around a huge round table I was asked who I would most like to be with. My response was "my Jesus."

Jesus promised to be with us always and he is. Who could ask for anything more than to abide in the presence of God for all of eternity? Living in God's presence is a gift from God. But, we are not worthy to even kneel at His feet by anything that we say or do or don't say or do. There are no new year's resolutions that are going to get us to heaven. Our hearts; are whole lives, are heavy with the burden of sin. But, thanks be to God, He can change our hearts!

And, so this new year's day we pray: create in us clean hearts, and renew steadfast spirits within us. Do not remove us from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from us. Grant that we should always live in your presence!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: