Saturday, February 4, 2017

Lean On The Rock

Sully

I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
    my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:1-2

Sully is my grand-puppy. He is a huge English Mastiff and as solid as a rock. He is one of the most gentle breathing creatures that I have ever known. But, it is wise to be cautious around him. He may be a comfort to be around; but, he also likes to be comforted himself. He will lean against you in order to get a bit of extra attention when you are standing and unless your feet are planted firmly on the ground you may end up on the ground yourself.

We all need someone to lean on. We need someone to run to for refuge from time to time. There is one who is always there for you. The Lord, our God, is our rock and our fortress. This Rock of our Salvation loves you. He invites you to lean on Him not only when times are hard. Lean on Him when times are good; as well, that you might know the comforting peace that can only be found in His presence.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: