Sunday, June 30, 2019

Do You Want To See Jesus?

In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus!
And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.  (Luke 19:2-6 KJV)

In the morning, when I rise give me Jesus. The words to that song have been running through my head a lot lately. It may be because I have been rising early and sitting on the deck watching the sunrise. The beauty of the sunrise reminds how beautiful and glorious is our Lord. 

Zacchaeus "sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature." Zacchaeus was of little stature not only in physical height; but, in social stature as well. He was a tax collector and had made himself wealthy by cheating his own people. Therefore, he was not a popular fellow. No one in the crowd that day was going to move out of his way so that he could see Jesus so he climbed a tree to get a look from a distance. Jesus knew of his desire to see him and so he arranged to make it up front and personal. He told Zacchaeus: "Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house." 

Do you want to see Jesus? If you want to see Jesus, just climb down from whatever perch that you've chosen to watch Jesus from afar and welcome Him into your life. Let him in! Today, (and every day) Jesus wants to be welcomed into your home, into your life. 

In the Revelation of John, we hear Jesus' invitation to us: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." (Rev 3:20)

Open the door and let him in... He is there for you.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: