Monday, June 3, 2019

Falling

He will raise you up!
The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down. (Psalm 145:14 KJV)

Well, I fell. No, not spiritually; but, physically. It happens and it seems to happen a bit more the older I get. Saturday was the first day of my official retirement. I was packing the back of the pickup truck for our trip and using an end table to help me step into it. I fell through the end table, tipped it over, and fell on my back, and hit my head on the ground. There were no bones broken. The pretty deep gashes in my leg that went through the table did not even bleed. They stung a bit and my head ached a little; but, all in all, I felt pretty good. Sunday morning we left for our trip about 5 am and I still felt pretty good. But, as I drove the muscles in my back and neck started tightening up. By bedtime I found that I could not roll over without extreme pain and to get out of bed I have to kind of slide out of it as it hurts to put any weight on either arm or shoulder. A hot shower in a bit should help that a lot though.

I am fortunate. I normally heal quite quickly. In cases where I've had to see a doctor over illesses or accidents, I am usually well before the doctors even come up with a real diagnosis.

The Lord is good to me. My poor choice of a step-stool could have had much worse consequences. The Lord is lifting me up. He is always with me even when I do foolish things.

Whatever happens, the Lord is always with us.

God's Peace - Pr J

No comments: