Saturday, June 15, 2019

Integrity Still Lives

He Did What Was Right For Us
The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them. (Prov 11:3 KJV)

Those of you who know me personally, know that I cannot find my "stuff" on a daily, sometimes hourly, basis. I spend a lot of time searching things like keys, purse, phone, money, etc.. I am fortunate that there is usually someone around who can help me. In the last few days, I have forgotten my purse on a tram and set money down and forgotten to pick it back up when I left. In the first place an older gentleman ran after me to return it. In the latter case, a security guard found me about ten minutes later and returned the money. I have misplaced or lost many things over the years. Most everything has either been found or returned.

One of the loss and found incidents that I will never forget happened at the youth correctional facility. For some reason, I had a one hundred dollar bill in my pocket. I had the radio hooked to my pocket and when I took it off the money fell out. One of the youth saw it and immediately returned it. I was very impressed as one of our main objectives was to try to instill a sense of integrity in these young men. 

Integrity is doing what is right even when no one is looking. It is doing what is right for others even if it might not seem like it's in your best interest at the moment. Jesus suffered for doing what was necessary for the benefit of the world. He did what was right for us. 

If any of these people had decided not to return what I had lost, I would not have realized that I had lost it until they were long gone. There is much dishonesty and disrespect in this world. But, it is very comforting to know that integrity is still alive and well in so very many people.

Thanks be to God!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: