Wednesday, June 19, 2019

What A Gift!


Silver River, Aura, MI

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: 
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23 KJV

What a way to begin to my birthday. I'm not into big birthday celebrations. But, I am into waking up to such a beautiful morning. I slept in until about 7:30. that has not happened in a very long time! This is such a peaceful and relaxing place. I have always affirmed that it was a gift from God to me.

When we first purchased the place, only two people affirmed that it was a wise choice. Pete and Jean Suomela said that they thought it fit me perfectly. Even my husband was not thrilled. The mobile home was condemned. But, I was convinced we could fix it up. After all, we had time. We were living nearby and this place was meant to be a retreat for me. 

When Pete and Jean said it fit me they were not looking at the house. They were looking at the river and the woods surrounding it. They were sensing the peace that I sensed here in this place. Over the years, the mobile home has been renovated. Due to zoning laws and since we are so close to the river, tearing it down and rebuilding was not an option. 

The house was remodeled and we lived in it for quite a few years. It has once again become a retreat for our retirement. Winters where we don't have to shovel snow and freeze. Summers here in this place. 

I thank God for this beautiful morning and for another birthday to enjoy His gifts.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: