Sunday, July 28, 2019

Basking in the Light

Sharing space while basking in the light.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
                                                                    (Song of Solomon 2:10-12 KJV)

Exactly what does a turtle's voice sound like? As many turtles as I've run across, I've never heard one speak. What I do know is that the season of summer is a beautiful one. The cold dark winter is past and it is time to kick off your shoes; dance in the grass with your beloved; sit back and enjoy the beauty of the land.

One of my elderly cousins once told me that we could learn a lot about how to live life by watching and listening to the creation around us. Take, for example, the turtle. They may not have voices as we have. But, if we observe we can learn from them. They appear to live pretty slow and seemingly relaxed lives. They don't have a problem getting close to each other. They take care of what they need to live; but, they do not hurry about as if the end of the world is near. They know how to bask in the light and the warmth of the sun. 

Winter is over. Summer has come. May God help us to understand how to bask in the light of His Son, Jesus the Christ.


God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: