Monday, July 15, 2019

In Communion With Him

near Bayfield, WI
4:30 a.m. Bayfield, WI and it is dawn!
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. (Psalm 143:7 KJV)

As I get older, I find it harder to sit still. I find it more difficult to be indoors. I long to be outdoors with no walls confining me. My husband and I decided to take a road trip yesterday. So this morning, at 4 am I found myself wandering around the grounds at a resort near Bayfield, Wisconsin in wonder of the beauty of God's creation. It was already dawn! Imagine that the light shines even at 4 am in northern Wisconsin! It was quiet! It was peaceful! 
In the early mornings when I rise, I am more able to be aware of God's presence in the world around me and with me. That is; after all, what the kingdom of God that we say we hope for is: living in His presence. In the quiet hours of the dawn, when no one is stirring and when most of the sound made by humankind is either shut off or muffled, I am able to realize a closer communion with Him. When it is quiet, I am much more able to hear the whisper of His voice and feel the comfort of His presence.

We do not have to wait until death to know God; to know our savior Jesus Christ. He is with us now and with us always. Live life! Live life in communion with Him today and know the peace that surpasses all understanding!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: