Thursday, July 30, 2020

Help Us To See Your Goodness


Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. 
                                                                            (Psalm 27:9-14 KJV)

Sometimes it seems as though the Lord is not paying attention to the needs of His people. That is not so. He sees and hears and knows everything that is going on. No matter what is going on around us He can and will work all things for the good for those who love Him. (

In times like these when chaos appears to have taken over some of our cities even our country and world at times, we need to trust in the Lord and His great love for us. Humankind may not have a great love for one another; but, the Lord does. 

Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart. Wait upon Him and you shall see His goodness. (

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: