Sunday, July 5, 2020

Tired And Weary?


Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
                               (Matt 11:28-30 KJV)

I have been feeling pretty weary lately without having done much. I hear that complaint from a lot of people. I have a few projects I could and should be working on but they are going nowhere. I believe it is party due to the shut in; stay home; stay safe. I seem to have been doing nothing for too long as I've waited for the world to start living again. Part of my weariness is probably also due to an aging process that doesn't allow one's body to do as much as it did in years gone by. Doing nothing can be very draining. Watching and spending too much time focusing on negative news reports can be even more exhausting! 

It is time to switch focus. It is time to spend more time with Jesus for only in him can we find rest for our souls.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: