Friday, September 25, 2020

LIsten And Follow

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
PSALM 25:1-9 KJV

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy loving kindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

+++

We ask the Lord for a lot of things. Sometimes we rejoice when we see that our prayers have been answered. At other times we might even think that God is not listening to us; that He may not even care. He does indeed listen and He does answer our prayers. But, do we listen to Him when He is showing us the way to go?

We may ask the Lord to guide us and to teach us His paths so that we can live both peaceful and fruitful lives that will glorify Him. We can ask all we want; but, if we don't listen to His guidance it will avail us nothing. So often we ask but then proceed to do it our own way; go our own way without bothering to hear the word, the teachings of our Lord.

He will teach us all things; but, we must humble ourselves and listen and then actually follow in the way that He has shown us!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: