Friday, September 11, 2020

My Help Comes From The Eternal One

Photo By Pr. Judy Mattson

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. 
                              (Psalm 121:1-3 KJV)

There are very few hills here in Florida to look up to. But, there is the sky. My  morning prayers usually takes place while out walking as the sun begins to rise. I often look up towards the heavens and am reminded of how eternal God is. He is everywhere and He is in every time. He has no beginning either in time or space. He does not sleep; but, watches over us at all times and in all places. We may make missteps and fall; but, He is there to pick us back up and put us on the right path again if we will let Him. He does not force Himself upon us. We can reject His help. But, who does that!? Who would reject the hand of one who would pick us up out of the dirt? Sadly, many do.

As for me, I trust the Lord, who created the heaven and the earth to pick me up and keep me on the right path whenever I trip up and fall.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: