Monday, September 14, 2020

Our Rock And Fortress

 Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth..
Psalm 31:1-5 KJV

Quickly, Lord; right now; hurry up; please! How often we turn to the Lord as beggars looking for help and right now!

Whenever we stand on the name of Jesus or strive to do the will of God in opposition to the will of the world, we can pretty much expect to be attacked. There are those in this world who just do not appreciate God's will being done when it interferes with their personal comfort zones and agendas. So, I find myself praying for myself, my family, my community and the world a whole lot. "Rescue us quickly. You who are our rock and our fortress. Please, remove the trap that has been set for us. And... Into your hands I commit our spirits."

Thanks be to God! The Lord hears our prayers and answers! He is our rock and our fortress. His righteousness has delivered us.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: