Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Good Shepherd; A Great King


Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
He Leadeth Me Beside Still Waters

Psalm 23 KJV

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

+++

What's so good about having a king that knows how to lead their flock? Everything! The ability to lead others even through the darkest shadows of the valley of death is a very important trait for someone who would be king, a president, or anyone who holds a public office. The ability to protect and comfort the people rather than instill further fear in them when times are troubling is an awesome trait for a ruler. 

David, the author of the Psalms, was a good shepherd and a great king. But, we have one who is even greater. Jesus is the King of Kings. He looks after us as only a good shepherd can. He will reign forever over us.

What's so good about a king who is also an experienced shepherd? Everything!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: