Friday, October 16, 2020

Acceptable In His Sight

Photo by John Arthur Mattson

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14 KJV)

Psalm 19 is one of my favorite prayers from scripture. I pray it before just about every sermon or message that I share aloud. Pastors like to talk and sometimes the words of our lips can get away from us as we jump from topic to topic on subjects that have more to do with personal agendas than anything that will glorify God. We are all sinners, sanctified in Christ Jesus. As sinners, we ought to pray that the Lord, himself, will guide our lips and our hearts in a way that is acceptable to him.

Lord, God, help us to speak those things that will be acceptable in your sight. Amen.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: