Sunday, October 4, 2020

Moving Forward

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

"...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 
                                                                                      (Phil 3:13b-14 KJV)

So far 2020 has been a rough year for many people. While we keep in mind things that have transpired we continue to go forward. But, getting stuck dwelling on the past will only serve to keep us from moving forward. Look back, when we must, to remind ourselves not to repeat the mistakes of the past. Look forward with hope to a future of peace in the presence of Almighty God and with one another.

I keep hearing that this country is a mess. It appears that in some parts of the country it really is. I spent a good part of the summer in Michigan. I mostly stayed home due to the many COVID-19 restrictions. It was stifling. It was depressing to not be able to move. I am now in Florida and it feels much different. I am comfortable again; able to start each day considering what I might possibly want to do or accomplish today and have the freedom to do it.

We can begin each day anew. Let us rejoice for the opportunities and gifts that God has provided us with to go forth glorifying His holy name.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: