Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Enter His Rest


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28 NIV

There are some days when I need more rest than on others. The older I get the more this seems to happen. It is not just physical rest. I need more and more spiritual rest as time passes. The troubles of the world can drag us down; not just physically, but, spiritually, as well. The longer we live; the more troubles we have seen and the more rest and times of refreshment are necessary to live fruitful lives. 

Consequently, I must spend much more time in prayer. I must spend more time in intimate communion with our Lord in order to find the rest that I need and to be refreshed so that I can enter into each new day with a servant's heart. I need this time in the Lord in order to be fruitful for the Kingdom of God. If I do not abide with and in Christ and Christ abide in me, I become a most weary and burdened creature. But, with and in Christ, all things are possible.

I enjoy serving God's people; but, forgive me if I enjoy being in the presence of God even more. It is necessary to be able to come into his rest.

May all whom God has called enter into his rest.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: