Friday, April 30, 2021

Think On Good Things Not Bad

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
                                                                                (Phil 4:4-8 KJV)

I was walking around the yard checking out the buds on the magnolia trees early the other morning. I could not hear the frogs or the crickets. I heard no birds chirping. I did hear screaming though. I heard people screaming at each other from three homes from north, south, and east of my home. I cannot see any other houses from my home; yet, they were all screaming at each other so loud that I could hear them all. I felt bad for them. I can't imagine starting a day with a screaming match.

God did and does not intend for us to be so distraught over daily living that we treat loved ones (or anyone else) with such disrespect. I cannot believe that he would have us start our days with such unrest. But, it happens. It happens all too often.  We think on the bad things and forget all the blessings in our lives. We forget that we do have people who love us. Most of us have all that we need to live by as well as many additional comforts. We have life and above all we have a God who loves us and is there for us always. When we forget the good things; the blessings, and think on the things that bother us we make our own lives and the lives of others miserable. 

One of my granddaughters tells me that when she was upset as a little girl I would tell her "This too shall pass." I don't remember saying that to her. But, she does. When we look back at our lives we will see many times we felt much despair and not we wonder why we were in such turmoil for that time surely did pass and life went on. Life does go on. Make the best of it. Rejoice and live in peace so that you do not bring trouble where there would be no trouble.

Talk with God. Tell Him your what is on your heart and mind and rejoice for the peace of God which he will give to all whose hearts and minds are on Christ Jesus.  Praise the Lord and thank Him for the blessings that he has given you and thank him for the opportunity to love others and to love him. 

Think on the good things; the blessings of God, and not the bad things which seem to interfere with your days and know a peace that surpasses all understanding in good times and bad. 

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: