Friday, October 21, 2016

His Will; Not Ours


I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.” Psalm 40:8

God's law is within the hearts of all who believe. But; we, being sinful human beings, sometimes let our own desires override the law of God. We would prefer to do our will rather than His and sadly, trouble naturally ensures.

We are not alone in this struggle of doing God's will and leaving our own wills behind us. St. Paul, one of the most faithful men that I know of, struggled with this as well. He wrote to the Romans (7:21-25 NIV) "So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."

The struggle between doing God's will and fulfilling our own egos will continue. But, for the sake of all of God's people, we ought not give up the fight. We pray often that God's will be done on earth as it is in heaven so let us be confident that it will be done trusting in Him to help us on the way.

And, as we go on, let us always give thanks to God, who delivers us through Jesus Christ our Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: