Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Guarding The Gate To Paradise

Vernon Weand 1938-2017
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."   (John 14:1-3 NIV)

I have been preparing a funeral service for one of the many faithful members of Christ Lutheran Church this morning. Vernon was also a Marine. It has been many years since Vern actively served as a Marine. But, the Marine Corps has a saying "once a Marine, always a Marine" so today we are commending into the hands of Almighty God a U.S. Marine.

There is this rumor that says that U.S. Marines guard the gates to paradise; to our heavenly home. But, I assure you that it is just a rumor. I do not think that God would make any Marine who believe in Him guard His gates while the rest of us are inside walking around and talking with Jesus. Marines usually don't mind a celebration and I am also pretty positive that they will be at the great banquet feast in our Father's house; rather than outside guarding the doors. 

Jesus told his followers that he was going to prepare a place for them in our Father's house. He has and he returns for all who believe to take us to our heavenly home.


May God grant comfort and peace in the knowledge that all who believe; even though they die; yet, shall live.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: