Friday, June 23, 2017

Renewed Strength


Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.
                            Isaiah 40:30-31 NIV


Life brings us a lot of challenges. They can seem overwhelming at times. There are even times I'd like to throw in the towel and walk away from everyone and everything. The only thing that can keep me going in times like that is faith in the unfailing and unending love of God. However, that faith must be nurtured. If I were to neglect studying and hearing God's word daily; if I did not spend many hours a day in prayer; my faith would fail me. I would surely fall. I depend on God's word and His promises for my very life.

In order to find the strength and desire to meet the day and any challenges the day might bring I turn to God's word and His presence. I need to be able to talk to him and listen to Him and trust Him. I need to be with the One who I can trust to truly lift me up above the challenges and sorrows of this world. 

We all grow weary and weak at times. Trust in and lean on the One who does not grow weak for His strength never fails Him or us. He will give us the strength to meet the challenges of the day ahead. Trust Him! 

God's Peace - Pr. J 

No comments: