Friday, September 8, 2017

Covenant of Hope


I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” (Genesis 9:13-16 NIV)

I have been listening to "Over the Rainbow" by Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwoʻole a lot lately. Iz was thirty-eight when he died in 1997. He had suffered many health problems during his life. In spite of his many health problems during his life, his music, especially this song, was filled with hope and with life. His music lives on.

God made a covenant with His people with the sign of the rainbow. He made a new covenant with us through the blood shed for us through the sacrifice of His only begotten Son. There is always hope because we have Jesus as our Lord and our Savior.

As Hurricane Irma threatens the lives of property and many people, there is only one place that I know that I or anyone can go to in times like this to find comfort and reassurance. Only, at the feet of Jesus, can we find comfort and hope. Only at the feet of Jesus can we know a peace when danger is near.

May God grant comfort and peace to all who fear the coming days in the remembrance of the promise of life through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: