Wednesday, May 30, 2018

In God I Trust

In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? (Psalm 56:4 NIV)
There was a time when I was accused of being too trusting. Of course, in doing that I was hurt and disappointed way too many times. I learned the very hard way not to trust everyone and came to trust very, very few. That didn't work out so well, either. Not trusting anyone tends to isolate you and people are not meant to live in isolation. 
Not trusting anyone was not working too well for me so I turned to the one that I had trusted as a child. I turned back to God. That works quite well for me. Because I trust Him, I am able to do His will in spite of the fact that others might use me. I can reach out to strangers because I trust that God is with me. Because I trust Him, I do not fear what might or might not happen to me here in this world. I know that in the end, no matter what happens, I will live in His house, in His Presence, for all eternity. I am not and will not be alone.
Life is much easier when we trust Him!
God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: