Sunday, December 16, 2018

My Soul Glorifies The Lord


And Mary said:

“My soul glorifies the Lord

   and my spirit rejoices in God my 
  Savior,"
                         (Luke 1:46-47 NIV)

How glorious it would be if every preacher, every Christian, could just say with Mary, "My soul glorifies the Lord! He is my Savior!"

No matter how many times we are reminded that we cannot save anyone; that only Jesus saves, we still want to claim that good work for ourselves. We think that if we talk long enough and word the command to do God's will just right, that we can convince others to believe. 

Yes, share the Good News. But, the Good News is not what we have to do to be in God's grace. The Good News is about what God has done for us through Jesus the Christ. He has reconciled us to Himself through the sacrifice of His beloved Son that we might abide with Him for all of eternity.

Whatever good that we might think we do, we must remember that if in fact good has been accomplished, it is not us, but, the Spirit of Christ who works in and through us that has done these things. 

All glory belongs to God! Let us rejoice and give Him the glory!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: