Wednesday, September 11, 2019

He Will Help

Brockway Mountain, Keweenaw, MI
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
(Psalm 121:1-2 KJV)

Since retiring this spring, I have had a lot more opportunity to pray. In fact, I find that I've had a tremendous amount of need to go before the Lord and ask for help.  This retirement stuff seems pretty fruitless. I feel restless and at times pretty useless. I spend a lot of time asking the Lord to help me to know what it is that He would have me do. It has only been a few months so I continue to wait patiently for the Lord to open the doors and show me the way in which He would have me go to serve Him. 

This is definitely not the first time I've waited for Him to let me know what He would have me do; how He would have me serve. If you've been wondering, lift up your eyes and pray and with patience wait for it. Your help, our help, comes from the Lord. Sometimes, we have to wait awhile for answers. But, no matter what is causing you frustrations and confusion, He will answer all who earnestly ask for help; for direction.

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. (Psalm 27:14)

No comments: