Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Live Without False Gods

Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast.

They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.

Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
                                                                                 (Isaiah 46:1-4 KJV)

When things get too heavy for us to carry any longer; too rough for us to handle, then it's probably time to get rid of the false gods we keep stooping to carry. Get rid of the excess baggage and worship the one true God. He has promised to carry us. He will deliver us.

So, why is it that over and over false gods which are nothing but a burden are chosen over the One who will carry us? It just doesn't make sense. Give up your false gods and worship Him!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: