Monday, October 4, 2021

Boast About God


Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. (Prov 27:1 KJV)

I am a planner. I like to consider what the results might be if I go in any direction. Knowing that there may not be a tomorrow doesn't stop me. I like to be prepared. 

When I was much younger my planning was not greeted well by everyone. I was told we should never talk about any plans for the future because we will look foolish if they don't come to fruition.

There is a difference between planning with friends and family and boasting. Bragging about oneself is never a good thing. But, having no goals and not planning for your future and the future of your family is also not a good thing.

There is something you can boast about. Boast about the glorious work of God in Christ Jesus and plan with much prayer to glorify Him in all that you say and think and do and he will guide you on your way.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

P.S. using my phone so have no clue what this will look like on a page!


No comments: