Saturday, October 30, 2021

By Grace Through Faith

photo by Judy Mattson
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Eph 2:8-9 KJV)

I don't seem to be able to say it enough!  We are not saved because we consider ourselves good or that we've done so much good in the world because we aren't so good.  None of is declared righteous by our own merit. None of us are that good. We are saved only by the grace of God through faith in the one who lived and died and lives again for us. If we could be saved by our own righteous then Christ has died in vain!

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." (Gal 2:16, 20-21)

We ought to love one another. We ought to help and support others! In fact, we are commanded to do it. But, do not think that these good works will save you. Your salvation is purely a gift from God. It is not of your own doing.

Lord, God, open the ears, hearts and minds of all people that they might comprehend and receive your grace and your love through faith  in Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord.  Amen.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: