Friday, November 26, 2021

He Forgets Our Sins

Photo by Judy Mattson

Psalm 25:1-10 KJV

Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.

Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.

The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

+++

How many things have you done that you wish you could forget that you ever did? We can't go back and not do them. They cannot be undone. The world may them forever against you. But, God does not. Even as he forgives us our sins; he can use them to help us grow. He can use those things to turn around and follow in the way that He has shown us through Jesus the Christ, our Savior and Lord. Through Jesus and by the power of the Holy Spirit he has put within our hearts the desire to do what is good and right in His eyes.

"This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more."  (Heb 10:16-17)

Those things that we wish we had never done will come back to haunt us now and then. We will never completely forget the wrong that we have done. But, the word of the Lord tells us that the Lord our God out of His great mercy and love for us forgets them. The slate has been wiped clean by the blood of Jesus the Christ.

Thanks be to God!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: