Tuesday, May 30, 2017

In God I Trust


Be merciful to me, my God,    
     for my enemies are in hot pursuit;
    all day long they press their attack.
My adversaries pursue me all day long;
    in their pride many are attacking me.
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
    In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me
                                   (Psalm 56:1-4 NIV)

In whom shall we trust? The Lord our God is our defender. We do not have to fear those who would pursue us and attack us. Admittedly, things can get pretty rough at times. We are often attacked by those who think that they must lift themselves up above others; even above God, to make themselves look better than others.

Thinking that he was equal to or above God was Satan's sin and so he became an outcast; the fallen angel. The world has not changed much over the centuries. It seems that there will always be those who will unjustly attack others to protect their own image or maybe to get a step ahead of the rest of the world. Those who are the victims of such attacks should not fear. Those who would attack you unjustly; those who would say all kinds of false things against you, are the ones who should fear. They ought to think and be concerned about what they are doing for "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

It is in God we trust. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: