Saturday, July 30, 2016

Bless Not Curse

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade." 1 Peter 1:3-4 NIV 

Before I left Zion Lutheran, Skanee, MI; the discipleship team was practicing greeting people with "God's peace be with" rather than just saying "good morning" or "hi." We were actively practicing blessing and praying for others. Since, I moved to Flagler Beach and Christ Lutheran Church in Bunnell, FL; I have heard "May God bless your day" more times than I can count. Many of those blessing my day were complete strangers out in the community and had no clue who I was; no clue, whether I was a Christian or not. I think that is just awesome! I am sure these brothers and sisters in Christ are blessing others; as well, throughout the day.

In a world that is often very negative and even depressing a lot of the time; it is quite refreshing to hear words of blessing rather than cursing. What a wonderful way to remind us in a sin-filled world that there is hope and that our hope is found in Jesus the Christ. May God help us to bless rather than curse so that all of our days will be more peaceful.

May God bless your day with grace and peace in abundance!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: