Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Give Thanks


"Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:4-5 NIV

Well, I woke up this morning feeling a sense of loss. It is the eve of our national holiday Thanksgiving. Yes, Thanksgiving is the day that our government set aside many years ago for the citizens of this country to give thanks to God for all the bounty that He has blessed us with.

This evening will be the first time in decades that I have not led a Thanksgiving Worship Service. Yet, I will give thanks as I do every day for I do not know and do not want to know what I would be without the Lord's blessings. The greatest blessing of all being that He gave His only begotten Son; that through Jesus, I have been reconciled to God, our Father. Not, just I; but, all who would believe in Jesus and his life-giving sacrifice for you.

Wherever you are and whomever you are with; please remember to thank Him for all His goodness to you and to this country. And, if you find yourself alone on the holiday, remember that you are not alone. God is with you always. He love endures forever; his faithfulness never ends.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: