Monday, November 21, 2016

Persevere


"As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy." James 5:11

Trials will come. We are tested daily. We are tested not only by confrontations with natural disasters; but, with many man made disasters as well. There are many days when I consider throwing in the towel. There are days when I might think that the world is lost anyway so why bother. It is just too much work to help others who often don't even realize that they need help.

Yet, I do not give up hope. I continue to do what I can to help others who are suffering; others who are in need. When the help I have attempted is thrown back in my face, I am saddened; but, I do not lose hope. My hope is in the Lord. He will save me. He will save all who love him.

I am not alone in these trials. Multitudes of Christians whose intent is to serve the Lord by serving others in need often do so without any form of acknowledgement in return unless that acknowledgement is a proverbial slap in the face. Do not give up. Persevere in the face of these trials and temptations for the Lord is with you. He is full of compassion and mercy. He will guide you through the darkest shadows of death. You will see the light of Christ, the glory of God in its fullness. He will lead others to the light of Christ through you.

Take heart, persevere in faith, and you will see the Kingdom of God where trials and temptations will forever be behind you. 

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: