Friday, July 14, 2017

Look, The Lamb Of God!


     The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”
     Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”
     The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”
     When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus.
                                                                                                               John 1:29-37 NIV
"Look, the Lamb of God!"

Twice, John saw Jesus and witnessed to those around him that Jesus is the Lamb of God. He testifies that Jesus is God's Chosen One. Because of John's testimony Andrew and his brother Simon Peter became followers Jesus. They became his disciples.

Have you told anyone about the "Lamb of God" lately? How many can say that it was your testimony that pointed them to Jesus; that led them to follow Jesus?

Do you recall the "Great Commission?"

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of  the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (John 21:19-20)

Go and witness to the love of God in Christ Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. Go and witness to what He has done for us in giving His life for us. Go and make disciples for surely the "Lamb of God" the great "I AM" is with you always.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: