Monday, February 5, 2018

Make A Joyful Noise

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100 NIV
I do not like noise for the sake of noise. I never listen to music at home or when I am driving. Music during worship or at concerts or at youthful events is good for me. But; normally, I like things quiet so I can actually hear things that are going on around me like sirens coming up behind me on the highway or someone at the door. Nor do I consider shutting out the sounds of God's creation nor the possibility of hear His voice as a good or a wise thing to do.

However, there is a time and a place for joyful music. I do enjoy listening to and watching music come alive as it's presented by young people that I know. They are so full of enthusiasm when they come together as a group to make music or to dance or even to skate. Music has the ability to affect our moods; our emotions. Some music can bring us way down, which is not so good. Some music has the ability to bring us up when we are down. Joyful music presented by joyful youth is especially good for the calming of our souls.

I do not care to listen to music just for the sake of having noise to distract me or fill in the silence. But, if there is to be noise, let it be joyful sounds that will gladden the heart; let it be music that will glorify God.

Let the noises be joyful songs of praise as we live in the presence of the Lord of all the earth.

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: