Saturday, April 21, 2018

Hear and Believe


"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.  I and the Father are one.”  John 10:27-30 NIV

Do you listen to his voice? Can you hear him? Do you follow in the way that he would have you go?

There are days when I really would like a little clearer direction from our Father. Maybe, I'm not paying close enough attention or maybe I really don't want to hear what He has to say to me. Either way, there are times when I would like Him to tell me "plainly" what exactly it is that He would have me do. Sometimes, I get it. Sometimes, I don't; not until after the fact.

I have been told by more than a few people that they just have a very difficult time understanding what scripture says or means when it is read during worship. They don't get it. Maybe, they don't today. But, as long as they continue to hear the Word  they will get it because faith comes by hearing the Word. (Romans 10:17)

The Jews wanted a plain response from Jesus. His parables and the way he just generally talked about things were not easily comprehended by everyone. They didn't get it. But, many did and do get it. Many do understand that through Jesus they may receive eternal life. Many may not know how; but, they do understand that the Father and Jesus are one. Many hear and believe. 

Join your local congregation every time they gather to Worship the Lord; hear the Word and believe.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: