Monday, April 30, 2018

Life Can Be Very Full

Marine Barracks, Rota, Spain 1980-1982 Reunion
I am late today! We just returned from a Marine Barracks, Rota, Spain reunion held in Williamsburg, VA.  No we didn't do any site-seeing; but, we did have an awesome time visiting with people we had not seen in years and some that we had never met. One thing about reunions is that they make me realize that I am old. We were all very young when we were in Rota. We also stopped in at Parris Island on our way to Williamsburg. It amazes me how young Marines really are when I see them. It's a shocker. Were we really that young and out on our own so many miles from families? But, they are not without family. The Marine Corps is family; a family that tends to look out for each other for years after they  have retired or otherwise left the service.

Family is important. The church is family, as well. So it pleased me very much to see that so many of our loved ones from our previous years together are also our brothers and sisters in the family of God.

Family is important. As we headed home, we received some sad news. Our granddaughter's step-father has been missing since November 7, 2017. They found him yesterday in the Portage Canal in the Keweenaw. I did not know him well; mostly through my granddaughter. His family grieves today and will grieve for some time to come.

May God bless them and us all with peace of heart and mind and joy in the knowledge that Jesus is Lord. He is King of Kings.

Pr. Judy

No comments: