Thursday, January 28, 2021

Blinded By The Light

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. 
                                                                                      (Acts 26:13-18 KJV)

Blinded by the light as he met the ascended Jesus on the road to Damascus, Paul was sent by Jesus himself to open the eyes of all who could not see Jesus; to turn them from darkness to the light of Christ. 

His testimony to King Agrippa was compelling. It was so compelling that the king would have set him free had Paul not requested to make an appeal before Caesar. Paul's intention by appealing to Caesar was not to be found not guilty. It was so that even Caesar might hear the truth about Jesus and would see the light. 

As Paul was blinded by the light his eyes were opened so that he could see the truth who is Jesus the Christ. 

May God open the eyes of all people by the power of the Holy Spirit that all might step out of the darkness into the marvelous light of Jesus the Christ.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: