Sunday, January 31, 2021

Your Words In My Mouth

Photo by John Arthur Photography
"Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.

Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth." 
                                                                                   (Jer 1:4-9 KJV)

Now, in order for prophecy to be heard it must be spoken. Words must be used and they must be heard for the prophecy to avail anyone. When the Lord informed Jeremiah that He had ordained him to be a prophet to all nations, Jeremiah was not convinced that he was up to that vocation. But, the Lord told him that he was because He would be with him and He would tell him what to say. He touched Jeremiah's and said, "Behold I have put my words in they mouth."

Like Jeremiah, we are often not sure what words to use to share the word of the Lord with others. We are often not sure what words to use to tell people about the love of our Lord Jesus. Yet, if we don't use words the Good News will never be heard. 

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Rom 10:17)

Help us Father by putting your words in our mouths so that we might tell the world about your great love and mercy toward us through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. Amen.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: