Tuesday, March 16, 2021

The New Covenant

 

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 
                                                                               (Jer 31:31-34 KJV)

The promise of a new covenant has been fulfilled. It was sealed by the blood of Jesus. The old covenant was too much for humankind. We could not keep our end of the agreement. We could not keep the law. But, this new covenant is not dependent on our promise. It is not dependent upon our good works or the keeping of the law. This new covenant is solely dependent upon our God who can and does keep His promises. It rests solely on God's grace alone through faith alone. 

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God." (Eph 2:8)

In Christ your sins are forgiven and you are reconciled to God our Father for all of eternity!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: