Monday, March 15, 2021

Thy Word

Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson
Psalm 119:9-16 KJV

Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes.

With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.

I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.

I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

I started another round of reading through the Bible last night. It has been a few years since the last time I read it through. Actually, I am not reading it. I am listening to it. My eyes don't function real well when I am reading up close any more.

I decided it was past time to spend more time meditating on his word as lately I have noticed that I don't feel quite as connected to God as I usually am. I am thinking that it is because I am not as involved in the life of any congregation as I once was. Bible studies have been cancelled. So other than my personal times in prayer with God throughout the day, I am not being fed much of the word except on Sunday mornings.

The world has a tendency to sneak into places in our lives and will interfere in our relationships with God if we are not careful. We must stay in the word. We need to meditate on it. We need to be reminded of what God has to say to us through the word so we do not forget it. There is life and hope found in the word and I prefer to live life than to merely exist in the world.

Let us with our whole hearts seek to hear His word and to declare it to the world around us instead of the world preaching to us.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: