Saturday, July 17, 2021

Ashamed of the Gospel?

 Photo by Pr. Judy Mattson

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 1:16 KJV)

I am not ashamed to say that I believe that I have been reconciled to God by the Good News of the Kingdom through Jesus my Savior and Lord. I do not always display that reality for which I am most sorry for. There are times that I slip. There are times that we all slip and don't represent Jesus as we could.

In one of my small recovery groups that I led for teen-age boys who had been convicted of felonies, one of the young men, who professed to be a Christian, shared a story about how he ended up fighting with someone following a worship service at his home church. He had worn the colors of his gang to the church service. In other words, he represented someone other than Jesus when he entered that building and it irritated (to put it mildly) a rival gang member who was also there.

It is one thing to profess that we are Christians. It is much more difficult to be representatives of Christ. False gods abound and the majority of us can be led astray; deceived, by them to some extent. 

God help us to recognize these false gods. Help us to be of good courage so that we might share the Good News of the one died on the cross for the salvation of all who would believe in him.

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: