Monday, July 12, 2021

Beside Still Waters

Photo By Pr. Judy Mattson
Fish in Bulow Creek
PSALM 23 KJV

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
+++

There are few things in this world that restores me better than sitting beside or on still water. The water whether it is still or rough reminds me of the awesomeness of God. It can be very rough at times reminding me of the troubled times that come to us all and then peace makes its entrance with the calming of the waves.

Water is a reminder of our baptisms into Christ; into his death and into his resurrection. Our old selves are drowned in the waters of baptism and come out totally new; totally cleansed. Water is not only a spiritual life-giving gift from God; but, a precious gift that is essential to our life and physical well-being here on earth. We would well to protect it.

We may walk through proverbial shadows of death as day after day we encounter obstacles that would turn us away from God; but, we should not fear. God is with us and he leads us through those dark valleys on a path of righteousness beside still waters and will give us rest in luscious green pastures of his making and his choosing.

God bless you with goodness and mercy all the days of your life!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: