Monday, December 27, 2021

I Love Thy Law

Photo by Judy Mattson

PSALM 119:97-104 KJV

O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.

I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

+++

The law indeed accuses and failure to obey the commands of the Lord can end up pretty disastrous. 

For example: what are the possible consequences of stealing. Well for starters you could end up in jail and when found out you could make a lot of enemies that you don't need.  Enemies can make life pretty miserable. If you are caught stealing while breaking into someone's home; again, you could end up dead.

And what about adultery?  Both men and women can get pretty jealous over this one and again you could end up dead or at least seriously hurt. If that doesn't happen the one who has been cheated on might end up so depressed that they do harm to themselves.

It is a wise person who can understand the consequences of breaking the law. Be wise like David thought he was. Although, he did make a few mistakes and suffered the consequences. Maybe, the consequences that occurred because of the part he played in the death of Uriah, whose wife he had committed adultery with, gave him a little more insight into why it would be good thing to listen to the Lord.

Open our eyes, Lord, that we may behold wondrous things out of thy law. (see Psalm 119:18)
 
God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: