Monday, February 14, 2022

photo by Judy Mattson

Psalm 103 KJV

 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.

+++

What a magnificent and powerful bird! I have been most blessed to have lived where eagles fly quite regularly. I see them now and then in Florida as well. But, I see a whole lot more vultures here. They too are pretty magnificent when they are flying; not so awesome when you have to stop your vehicle because they are busing eating road kill in the middle of the road. Eagles usually have the good sense to fly away when a car approaches.

Whenever, I see a bald eagle flying or sitting in a tree watching me, my heart just leaps. These birds, our national birds, give me a sense of both peace and security. The sight of them refreshes me. They take my breath away if but for a moment. These beautiful creations of God are marvelous to behold.

To watch the majestic flight of the eagle is a reminder how magnificent and powerful God is. It is a reminder to me that in his infinite wisdom God is in charge of things. He made man to walk upon the earth, the fish to swim, and the eagle to fly. How wonderful is that? Who will not bow in humility when one realizes the power and authority that God has. All these things.... and so much more....

He blesses our souls, heals us, reconciles us to Him and to one another. He forgives us our iniquities, though we are far from worthy. He crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies. All that is are His. We are His. That should bring a sense of peace and security to all people. It will, once we realize that He is God and there is no other.

"Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits." (vs 1,2)

May God refresh you today and every day!

God's Peace - Pr. J

No comments: