Thursday, February 3, 2022

Time With God

photo by Judy Mattson
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.

Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy. 
                  (Psalm 59:16-17 KJV)

Early morning is my time with God. He is with me all day and I pray often throughout the day. But, in the early morning hours it is quiet and still enough that I can spend intentional time with him without interruptions.

And... when I do spend intentional time with him in this way, I find that I am more aware of his presence throughout the day. Every day brings at least a challenge or two; but, I know that God is with me. He is my defense.  When the challenges come, I find my mind going to the promises found in scriptures and more and more lately I find myself singing songs of praise and thanksgiving as I meet those challenges.

God is with you. He has a good purpose for your life. He will defend you. He will lead you through each trial. If out of love for us he would send his only begotten Son to die for us; to die for our sins, would we suppose that he would not continue to protect and care for us?

He has shown us mercy through the shed blood of Jesus. He continues to show us mercy. He is our refuge and strength.

Give thanks to the Lord for his mercy endures forever!

God's Peace - Pr. J.

No comments: